Random Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Tool - The songs they make

Go down

Tool - The songs they make Empty Tool - The songs they make

Post by JoeyGGM27 Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:07 pm

This topic covers songs by the awesome band Tool. My favorite band EVER! I'll put the songs in a youtube lyric video, my feedback, and an explanation on the song (what it means)! Explanations are what I think the songs mean. After all, Tool's songs are VERY confusing, so...Hope you like them! The band started in 1990, and the basist joined in 1995. Here's the musicians in the band:

Vocalist - Maynerd James Keenan
Guitarist - Adam Jones
Basist - Justin Chancellor
Drummer - Danny Carey

Now here's my first selected video, my favorite, a song called "Vicarious":

Feedback: Of course, I like the song ALOT. 7 minutes that ACTULLY have variety to the song. Great piece. Normally a song this long is repetative, but this song is NOT.

Explanation: This song may seem like its all about violence, but it actually speaks about people hiding their feelings. Ever wonder why people always watch the news, and follow the story of someone possibly being killed, having lots of suspense put onto them? Well, everyone (maybe not EVERYONE) has a dark side to themselves in which the news gives them a vicarious thrill of seeing deaths to others, hence the name Vicarious. The part where it says
Part... vampire, part... warrior. Carnivore, and Voyuer. Stare, at the... transmittal. Sing to the... death raaatle!
refers to being thrilled, yet at the same time, saddened. Vampire means thrilled, warrior means fighitng to save them (those trying to save the victim), carnivore means the perpetrador in a murderous way, voyuer measn the perpetrador in a... well... awkward way, "stare at the trasmittal" means waiting and watching for the result of the story, and "sing to the death rattle" means the mourning of the victim's family. The part where it says
Credulous at best your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men... Pull your head on out Your hippy haze and give a listen, shouldn't have to say it all again... The universe is hostile, so impersonal... Devour to survive, so it is, so its always beeeeeeen....
refers to the true meaning of the song. It means that we all have a conscience for a REASON. "Credulous at best your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men..."
means that people believe that angels reside in our hearts, and that human error and evil is not our fault by our emotions, but rather by posesson of evil beings such as demons. "Pull your head on out Your hippy haze and give a listen, shouldn't have to say it all again..." means that this is VERY untrue. Emotions are the cause of everthingin this world. Even structres and building were made from emotions. If the archetect was in an angry mood, do you think he'd keep working? If he were REALLY angry, then no, of course. Can you see where I'm getting at? EXACTLY. "The universe is hostile, so impersonal... Devour to survive, so it is, so its always been...." means that emotions can lead one to uncertainty, and can cause hostility anywhere, at anytime. A conscience is meant to help us all understand the difference between good and evil. Hostility can cause a chain effect, and can put pressure on others whose emotions do NOT revolve around an aggrivating situation. Like peer pressure with smoking. Devour to survive is supossed to mean that people who do not listen to their conscience fend for themselves, and them ALONE. In other words, the song proves a lesson: Trust your conscience, and always follow good, and that people need to EXPERIENCE horror to understand it, but watching the deaths of others in which you are unaffected will provide a view in which you understand death, but are left unharmed...

Last edited by JoeyGGM27 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To fix information)
JoeyGGM27
JoeyGGM27
Dude, SERIOUSLY
Dude, SERIOUSLY

Awesomeness Level :
Tool - The songs they make Left_bar_bleue500 / 500500 / 500Tool - The songs they make Right_bar_bleue

http://gamergeeks.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Tool - The songs they make Empty Re: Tool - The songs they make

Post by JoeyGGM27 Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Does anyone actually care about the work I put into this?
JoeyGGM27
JoeyGGM27
Dude, SERIOUSLY
Dude, SERIOUSLY

Awesomeness Level :
Tool - The songs they make Left_bar_bleue500 / 500500 / 500Tool - The songs they make Right_bar_bleue

http://gamergeeks.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum